Local 21, City Reach Mediated Tentative Agreement: Ratification Vote Begins
Late Thursday, Local 21 and City negotiators reached a tentative agreement for a new contract through July 1, 2014. The new agreement was reached with the assistance of Arbitrator Carol Vendrillo, and becomes effective July 1, 2012, if approved by members.
Details of the agreement will be provided at upcoming Roadshow Ratification Meetings, beginning this Monday. Please come to one of the following meetings to learn about the tentative agreement and cast your vote:
- April 30: One S. Van Ness, Atrium, 11am-1pm
- April 30: SouthEast Plant, Conf Rm, Noon-2pm
- April 30: SFO, 575 McDonnell Rd, 2nd Flr Conf Rm, 11:30am- 1:30pm
- May 1: PUC, 1145 Market, 5th Flr Conf Rm, 11am-1pm
- May 1: 1650 Mission, Rm 431, 11am-1pm
- May 1: Laguna Honda, Pavilion Ground Rehab Gym, Noon-1pm
- May 2: SF General Hospital, QM Conf Rm Bldg 20, 3rd Flr Rm 2301, 11am-1pm
- May 2: City Hall, Location TBA, Noon-1pm
Drop-in voting will also take place at Local 21’s office from Monday April 30, to Wednesday May 2, 9am-5pm.
A Message from Your Bargaining Team
Our Local 21 Bargaining Team voted unanimously to recommend ratification of the mediated tentative agreement. We believe the agreement reflects an intelligent and equitable settlement of all our economic and non-economic issues. The agreement meets our bargaining goals:
- Resists the City’s call for more concessions
- Increases wages to reflect a recovering economy and cost of living increases
- Tackles growing healthcare costs without placing the entire burden on employees, and stabilizes premium growth through new efforts like Wellness
- Finds solutions to non-economic but threatening issues like the growth of “Temp Exempt” classes
Voting is Important
After months of difficult negotiations, the many Local 21 members and staff who have worked tirelessly throughout this process appreciate your effort to attend one of the meetings and cast your vote. Send the City a clear message: “We support Local 21’s Bargaining Team and cast our vote on the tentative agreement.”
For more information, read the latest Bargaining Bulletin.
Learn more about what happened at the Arbitration and see what kind of exhibits and testimony the Union presented.