Contra Costa County
Watch these videos to hear how the Board of Supervisors is undercutting the Affordable Care Act and how County workers have been hurt by the high cost of healthcare.
On Wednesday, September 18, Local 21 Contra Costa members will join their fellow County employees represented by PEU Local One, AFSCME, SEIU 1021, and PDOCC (County physicians) for a multi-union County-wide informational picket. The multi-union picket will send a clear message to the Board of Supervisors: County employees stand united in support of QUALITY, AFFORDABLE healthcare that all working families deserve. Local 21 has been negotiating in Contra Costa for nearly 16 months and the County has consistently refused to even consider the Bargaining Team’s proposals for the County to shar
More than 15 months into negotiations, Local 21 members in Contra Costa picketed in solidarity with other County employee unions at the Contra Costa Regional Medical Center in Martinez on August 13. Joined by members of PEU Local 1, AFSCME, SEIU 1021, and PDOCC (Physicians & Dentists), Local 21 took our message of QUALITY, AFFORDABLE healthcare for working families directly to the public – demonstrating that Contra Costa employees at all levels are united against the prevailing race to the bottom in healthcare.
- Bargaining Team Presses Forward by Modifying its Economic Proposal for Salary Restoration, Quality, Affordable Health Care, and Other Priorities
- County Negotiator Still Refusing to Negotiate in Good Faith
- County Negotiator to Bargaining Team on July 26: "We're not interested in putting dollars toward health care."
- Contract Action Team meeting on August 5
- Executive Board meeting on August 7
The County Negotiator rejected the Contra Costa County bargaining team’s most recent economic proposal on July 12, a proposal that would restore salaries, provide affordable healthcare, resolve salary compaction, provide equity adjustments for classifications well below market value, and provide differentials for those expected to perform on-call, call back, and hazardous duties.
- County Rejects Bargaining Team's Economic Proposal without Offering Counter
- Refusing to Negotiate Over Costs, County Wants Bargaining Team to "Trust Them" on Health Care
- In Campaign of Misinformation and Questionable Tactics, County Begins Preparing for Possible Strike
- Round Table Discussion on July 18
- Contract Action Team meeting on July 22
- Chapter Meeting on July 24 - Bargaining Team to Discuss Strike Action